[Opendnssec-develop] RC1

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Fri Nov 27 14:25:51 UTC 2009

Hi -

As discussed at the teleconference last week, Nominet has committed to
signing the uk zone in January 2010. This means that we need to start the
formal testing of the signing system very soon. To do this, we would
really like to have an OpenDNSSEC RC1 release (we are uncomfortable
signing uk in production with a beta release).

ISTR that people weren't overjoyed with this idea, but were prepared to
agree, given that the outstanding Pivotal issues were resolved. The major
one of these was the Invalid Signature bug, which has been worked around
for now (and a real solution is likely to take a long time). There are
also some ZoneFetcher issues which really should be fixed. Other than
that, I think most issues are resolved. So...

If we can fix the ZoneFetcher issues in time, how do people feel about
labelling a release candidate 1 after the teleconference on Wednesday 2nd?

Thanks,

Alex.