[Opendnssec-develop] Serial from working directory

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Nov 25 13:30:37 UTC 2009

> I'm not too fond about adding a new command that does clear and clear
> the serial. Why shouldn't 'clear' clear the serial file?
>
> Isn't clear already meant to be 'start from scratch'?

I've interpreted it as "throw away cached DNSSEC data", e.g. regenerate all
signatures and NSEC information. We might routinely do this for .uk for
instance, as we don't care about optimisation for such a small zone. I
don't see rememering the SOA serial as an optimisation.

This is just my interpretation of a command that I have not used very much
though.

Sion