[Opendnssec-develop] where to install scripts

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed May 6 09:14:56 UTC 2009

Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> On 5 maj 2009, at 11.41, Rick van Rein wrote:
>
>> Isn't it better to use the Python habits for Python code?
>>
>> Python has directories PREFIX/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages/ for that
>> purpose.  It contains a README that specifies it is intended for
>> third-party add-ons:
>
> sure, we can do that, but is this really normal python package? jelte?

I'm not really sure whether there is a canonical path for python files;
/usr/lib/python-X.Y/site-packages/$program seems to be used about as much as
/usr/lib/$program/$optional_subdir on my systems.

Jelte