[Opendnssec-develop] OpenDNSSEC license terms

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Mon May 4 07:31:54 UTC 2009

good morning! this is a transmission from the opendnssec legal and
licensing department.

based on discussions very early in the project, I want to remind
eveyrone that this is the license (pure 2-clause BSD license) that
applies to all OpenDNSSEC software. I want to stress that no other
licenses may be used, except when we decide to include code from
others. in such cases we need to discuss license first and import
later, not the other way around.

for now, the copyright holder is the organization of the principal
author, like:

- NLNet Labs
- .SE (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation)
- Nominet UK
- Kirei AB
- John Dickinson

we might decide to change this to "OpenDNSSEC" later, but since there
is no such formal organization that might be difficult.

note: no other licenses may be used.

==> I will apply this license to all code this week unless promptly
stopped.

	jakob

#
# $Id$
#
# Copyright (c) YYYY XXX. All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
# are met:
# 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
#    documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
# IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
# WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
# ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY
# DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
# DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
# GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
# INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER
# IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
# OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
# IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#