[Opendnssec-develop] Zone moving between operators

Antoin Verschuren Antoin.Verschuren at sidn.nl
Wed Mar 25 23:36:30 UTC 2009

But then perhaps parents will dictate that policy.
My worry is that in rollovers, the keys must move to the parent.
Processing a giant amount of EPP messages (one per delegation) might be troublesome at a registry.
I wouldn'd want our major webhoster to use one key for all it's domains. Our systems simply would not be able to process the changes without impact on other transactions. The updates need to be spread out.

I would say one key for multiple zones is unwise.
And as a registry, I would probably forbid it in the policy.

Antoin Verschuren

Technical Policy Advisor
SIDN
Utrechtseweg 310