[Opendnssec-develop] KSK vs ZSK

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri Mar 6 09:15:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Rick, that does not look less complex to me.

It isn't.  All I propose is to put the knowledge into the XML structure,
where I think it should go once you accept XML.  If we need to interpret
names like "ANY" we're bypassing XML as a modelling language.

Orthogonality is a tool to get the structure clearer, not simpler.

If there are exceptions, I'd rather see them out in the open instead
of concealing them in a "you know what I mean" term.  That is why I
think that a non-lingual interpretetation of a word like "ANY", "DEFAULT"
or "ALL" can cause confision.  I'm not surprised that we're now discussing
these terms -- it is a sign that they are open for interpretation, and
thus, of misinterpretation.

Hope this helps,
 -Rick