[Opendnssec-develop] Packing and OpenDNSSEC User Account

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri Jun 19 21:09:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

> A top makefile is absolutely useful, but only people building
> OpenDNSSEC themselves. Package maintainers will most likely want to
> build the different components separately and distribute them as
> separate packages to ease maintenance.

I've only really looked at RPM, where you build it all at once and
then create packages for components.  A little different from what
you are saying, but minor.

> I believe we've already decided
> that we (post-alpha) will create packages for Ubuntu and possibly
> Solaris.

I'll try it on Debian to make sure we're not creating those packages
that _only_ run on Ubuntu.  It's one of the negative effects of the
public attention for Ubuntu that haunts Debian-developers.

-Rick