[Opendnssec-develop] XXX_{INCLUDES,LIBS} vs CPPFLAGS & LDFLAGS

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Tue Jun 16 08:09:22 UTC 2009

hi,

we're not consistent how we use auto{make,conf} and external
packages.  for some components we set XXX_{INCLUDES,LIBS} and have
each component add them in each Makefile. for some componets we set
CPPFLAGS & LDFLAGS. for some we let the components AC_SUBST the
XXX_{INCLUDES,LIBS}, and for some we use the makefile variables. any
thoughts?

I suggest we use set XXX_{INCLUDES,LIBS} and use them as makefile
variables.

	jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter