[Opendnssec-develop] plan for new website

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Mon Jun 8 09:33:18 UTC 2009

On 8 jun 2009, at 11.30, Rick van Rein wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> 1. move current TRAC to trac.opendnssec.se (with redirects from
>> www.opendnssec.se )
>
> Or use a name that doesn't reflect the software choice, but its
> intention.

the URL paths used are implementation-specific enough and if/when we
change software, we need to redirect anyway since all paths will
change. also changing hostname as that point is a minor but will also
make the transition easier since the old and new software doesn't need
to run on the same host.

hance, trac.opendnssec.{se,org} makes sense.

> Also note that .org is now signed, so we can rejuvenate
> opendnssec.org,
> which is usually a better name for open source software.

sure. should .org be our primary name?

	jakob