[Opendnssec-develop] engine config for auditing

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jul 14 10:54:20 UTC 2009

Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> On 14 jul 2009, at 10.56, Jelte Jansen wrote:
>
>> since the auditor tool might be a bit cpu-intensive, administrators
>> may wish to turn off automatic auditing after sign, so I'd like to
>> make it configurable whether the auditor is called at all. Now
>> originally i was thinking to just make a single element in conf.xml.
>> But now i'm wondering; do we want to do this on a per-zone basis (and
>> therefore put it in zonelist)?
>
> as the policy is given by KASP, it makes sense to me to also configure
> auditing of the same policy via KASP.
> I do however suggest we push this into the beta-release for now.

putting it in zone_config.xml would be most logical (for now i read it from
zonelist.xml, but it's not a hard change). But wasn't automatic auditing one of
the hard requirements for alpha?

Jelte