[Opendnssec-develop] Algorithm Type and NSEC/NSEC3

Rickard Bondesson rickard.bondesson at iis.se
Thu Jul 9 09:15:33 UTC 2009

> No, RSASHA1 is not the algorithm used by nsec3 - it has a
> different mnemonic. I'll make a couple of examples tonight
> when I'm working.

It do use RSASHA1 for signatures, but RSASHA1 is not equal to the type 7. RSASHA1 could be both 5 and 7 depending on the denial.

E.g.:
Policy/Denial/NSEC + Policy/Keys/KSK/Algorithm(RSASHA1) = Algorithm type 5 for the KSK.
Policy/Denial/NSEC + Policy/Keys/ZSK/Algorithm(RSAMD5)  = Algorithm type 1 for the ZSK.

Or:

Policy/Denial/NSEC3 + Policy/Keys/KSK/Algorithm(RSASHA1) = Algorithm type 7 for the KSK.
Policy/Denial/NSEC3 + Policy/Keys/ZSK/Algorithm(RSASHA1) = Algorithm type 7 for the ZSK.