[Opendnssec-develop] Use Case diagram for OpenDNSSEC

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jan 20 11:43:20 UTC 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 11:18 PM, Rick van Rein wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've taken the liberty of drawing up a Use Case diagram, describing
> OpenDNSSEC as it interacts with its environment.  This can be found
> on a working page with OpenDNSSEC design documents:
>
> http://openfortress.nl/tmp/opendnssec/
>
> Comments and updates are welcome.  The whole idea of making these
> design documented is to check if we have the same mindset.  If you
> see anything "funny" you should therefore speak up :)
>
> I also drew up Message Sequence diagrams for the Signer, and will
> digitise those soon.

Unless I am mistaken, this scheme looks to relate more to version 2
than to version 1 of what we set out to develop.

I thought we agreed to keep focus on version 1 and defer discussion
about version 2 elsewhere....

(it is not that I am not interested in this part but we need to focus
energy)

--Olaf

                                        Science Park 140,

NB: The street at which our offices are located has been
renamed to the above.