[Opendnssec-develop] 20080114 Meeting Agenda

Rickard Bondesson Rickard.Bondesson at iis.se
Wed Jan 14 10:57:14 UTC 2009

This agenda is updated according to a suggestion by Jelte. The agenda is almost the same as the one by John. I have added a time schedule and question point number one. See below.

Conference call arranged by Jelte:

sip:conference at NLnetLabs.nl

the pin number is 5227#

If you don't have a sip phone or client available, the room should also be available at +31 20 7508314 extension 263 (just dial 263 when olaf's recorded voice starts talking)

How about a Jabber channel?

I can write minutes and email a summery.

// Rickard

- --------------------------

Agenda

Time: 14:00 - 15:30 CET / 90 minutes

0a. Who writes minutes?

1. Project management (10 min)
1a. Who will be responsible?
1b. What responsibilities does this person have?
1c. Meetings? In real life? Jabber? Telephone?

2. Agree what the components are (System design) (35 min)
2a. Agree on the general system design
2b. Discuss any known contradictions on the wiki
2c. How do the components interface with each other in both the
prototype and final systems
2d. Discuss technology to be used for each component
2e. Do we know the requirements for each component?
2f. Answer the question Matthijs asked in his email (see below)

3. Agree who is developing each component (6 min)

4. Discussion of the commitment needed for each component and
available from each party. (6 min)

5. Brief update on the state of each component where possible (10 min)

6. Discuss and agree plan to move forward (10 min)
6a. Discuss timeline for whole project
6b. Decide on milestones for each component
6c. What about testing?

7. Decide on date of next meeting (3 min)

8. Agree actions (10 min)
8a. Who is writing any documentation still needed
8b. Who updates the wiki based on this meeting
8c. Other...

List of questions from Matthijs
1. From the opendnssec.org website, I assume that the Signer has to
determine the inception and expiration times on signatures. It can
determine this from the refresh interval. (Ok, not a real question:))

2. What's the difference between zone resigning interval and signature
refresh interval? Imho, they are the same, but described differently.

3. What is the priority of changing security parameters? For example, it
could be that the signature validity period has changed. Does this need
to be applied to all signatures directly, or are they applied to
upcoming generated signatures only?

4. What is meant with signature jitter and clockskew? Does this affect
the zone content? If so, in what way?