[Opendnssec-develop] OpenDNSSEC freebsd port

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Thu Dec 17 14:49:30 UTC 2009

> In addition to the softHSM port, Jaap is working on an OpenDNSSEC
> freebsd port. It turns out that ruby causes a problem to finalize the
port.

> 1.
> The required dnsruby library 1.41 appears not to be public. You can
> install it with rubygems, but you won't have a clue where it fetches the
> binaries. The latest version on RubyForge is 1.40

Yes - the default distribution method for Ruby Gems changed recently. I've
added the binaries to the Rubyforge page. FYI, the 1.41 release is also
available in svn :

svn list http://dnsruby.rubyforge.org/svn/tags/dnsruby-1.41/

the gem is :

svn list
http://dnsruby.rubyforge.org/svn/tags/dnsruby-1.41/dnsruby-1.41.gem

> 2.
> Another thing is that the port maker errors on a private path during
> configuration. It could very well be the same issue as the first point,
> more investigation is needed.

Perhaps you could ask Jaap to contact me if I can be of any help?

Thanks,

Alex.