[Opendnssec-develop] ksmutil export

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 08:54:30 UTC 2009

I've added export of keys and ds records to ksmutil, the export command now
looks like:

usage: ksmutil [-f config] export [policy|keys|ds]
<[policy_name]|zone_name> [keytype]
        policy: export all policies [or named policy] to xml
        keys: export dnskey RRs for named zone [KSK unless ZSK specified]
        ds: export ds RRs for named zone [KSK unless ZSK specified]

I don't think that it is quite right yet, but the exact functionality can
be tweaked as needed...

E.g. currently only active keys are exported, but I guess that "ready"
(I.e. emergency) keys should be too? Should it indicate which is active in
this case?

If you don't specify a zone then you get all zones; I'll change this to
require a -a flag instead.

Should we allow DS from ZSK? Is that ever useful?

If anyone wants to suggest refinements then please either add them to
pivotal or email me.

Cheers,
      Sion