[Opendnssec-develop] Auditor daemon

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Mon Aug 24 10:14:00 UTC 2009

> The other case was an auditor daemon that runs regularly and checks
> the zones. It can only give warnings (to syslog or whatever), but
> not be able to stop the zone distribution.

This is currently implemented :

kasp_auditor -d [normal config]

It currently runs once an hour, as there is no configuration specified for
it. It runs on the specified zones, with the specified config, and logs
any issues to syslog.

I thought that some basic configuration for the daemon could be useful
(e.g. frequency). I could easily add this to the command line, if we
didn't want to clutter up the config any more (or I could just run it once
a day).

I'm not sure which component is meant to start the auditor daemon?

Alex.