[Opendnssec-develop] Policy configuration checker

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 12:41:18 UTC 2009

Hi -

At the get-together in Amsterdam, it  was suggested that we needed a
policy configuration checker. This would check the (presumably
syntactically correct) configuration files to make sure that they were
semantically correct. Stuff like :

  InceptionOffset < Validity
  Jitter < Validity
  (InceptionOffset + Jitter) < Validity
  Algorithm type consistent with NSEC3
   etc...

I'd propose to make this part of the auditor, with a simple '-p' /
'--process' switch to run the policy checker (with a similar system or
error code returns and logging for communication). I wasn't clear when (or
by what) it would be called.

Are there any other useful checks which should be performed?

Thanks,

Alex.