[Opendnssec-develop] xml files

John Dickinson jad at jadickinson.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 12:34:41 UTC 2009

On 24 Apr 2009, at 13:26, Jakob Schlyter wrote:

> On 24 apr 2009, at 14.23, Jakob Schlyter wrote:
>
>> On 24 apr 2009, at 14.18, John Dickinson wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to make sure that the enforcer components all install
>>> in a sensible way and can find each other and their config files.
>>>
>>> I suggest that at least for now libksm installs an example
>>> conf.xml, kasp.xml and zonelist.xml along with their relanx-ng
>>> schemas. At the moment they are copies of the ones in the docs/xml
>>> directory. I would like to suggest that they now move from docs/
>>> xml directory to be part of libksm and that libksm will make
>>> the .rng files from the .rnc sources as part of the standard build.

Reading my message again I realize it wasn't really what I meant :).
Lets try again...

We need to be able to install an example conf.xml, kasp.xml and
zonelist.xml along with their relanx-ng schemas. Should this be done
by the make && make install of any existing component of OpenDNSSEC or
should they stand alone?

Thinking more about it I think they should stand alone in a better
place than docs/xml/. How about we move them to trunk/xml. I can write
a quick configure.ac and Makefile.am to to build the .rng files from
the .rnc sources and install them in SYSCONFDIR/opendnssec/

John

>>> Are people OK with that?
>>
>> for the examples I agree, but IMHO we should move the rng/rnc into
>> a more stable location like http://svn.opendnssec.se/xml/1.0/
>> conf.xml ?
>
> but we could also just move them into source and make the stable
> location a redirect/rewrite, perhaps that's better?
>
> 	jakob

---
John Dickinson
http://www.jadickinson.co.uk

I am riding from Lands end to John O'Groats to raise money for
Parkinson's Disease Research. Please sponsor me here http://justgiving.com/pedalforparkinsons2009