[Opendnssec-announce] End-of-life OpenDNSSEC 1.3 on 2017-07-11

Berry A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 11 13:54:12 UTC 2016

Dear community.

With the release of OpenDNSSEC 2.0 we have reached the point to let go
of the support of one of the older, not to say elderly, OpenDNSSEC.

We will end the support on OpenDNSSEC 1.3 in accordance with our policy
in one year from now.  This historic release has long been replaced by
most of not all so we regard this notice to be mostly a formal message
for most of you.

OpenDNSSEC 1.4 has been the de-facto Long Term Support version, and will
continue to be the official LTS version.  This at least for over a year
and until OpenDNSSEC 2.x has matured.  This will be the case as soon as
it has been around long enough to prove itself.

Please note however that we will concentrate our development on the 2.x
versions.  Features and improvements that are not considered bugs are
mostly targeted at that steam of development.  We believe OpenDNSSEC 2.0
is already stable to be used.

With kind regards,
The OpenDNSSEC team