[Opendnssec-announce] User input on OpenDNSSEC Auditor deprecation

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Thu Nov 17 13:41:03 UTC 2011

Greetings,

Due to the inability to operate together with upcoming Signer Engine
features like IXFR, we're considering removing the Auditor from future
versions of OpenDNSSEC. Other reasons for this is that we believe that
the Auditor has played is part in the OpenDNSSEC development process,
it now often introduces more problems for our users than helping and
there are now multiple alternative zone checkers available.

We now solicit user input on this plan from users activly using the
Auditor (as opposed to just using it since it is enabled by default).
Please submit your comments to the OpenDNSSEC users list
(opendnssec-user at lists.opendnssec.org) no later than December 2nd.

       jakob