[Softhsm-develop] AES wrap_key_with_pad & OpenSSL master branch

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 08:32:01 UTC 2014

Hello,

It took some time but support for RFC 5649 was merged to OpenSSL [0].

Unfortunately I have had to re-write the original patch [1] to make it
acceptable and the final API is not compatible with API from the original
patch. (Now the key wrap mode is part of EVP API.)

I would like to send patches for SoftHSM with support for the 'official'
OpenSSL API so AES key wrap with padding will be usable on systems even
without custom OpenSSL build.

Can I remove the unofficial API and replace it with the official one? Or is it
necessary to keep support the unofficial API around?

Thank you for answers.

[0]
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/d31fed73e25391cd71a0de488d88724db78f6f8a

[1]