[Opendnssec-develop] Dasbot, buildfarm & Jenkins

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed Jan 22 06:50:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've started work on dasbot, a bot that will setup, update and maintain the
buildfarm platforms. Unless there are any major problems I expect this bot
to be finished some time next week.

I am developing and testing it on VMs locally with all the OS we picked so
when its done it just a matter of reinstalling the VMs at SURFnet, starting
the bot and waiting for it to finish. And that will actually only take a
day or two instead of the weeks I previous planned which is great.

With the new bot I will also make some changes to Jenkins, the LDNS and
SoftHSM build jobs that OpenDNSSEC depends on will be removed and that type
of dependency will be installed and managed by the bot.

This will reduce the overhead for OpenDNSSEC jobs, reduce the complexity
and greatly reduce the overhead for pull request builds since they do build
LDNS and SoftHSM for each pull request as that is our current build chain.

If we would need to test a different version of LDNS it is just a matter of
setting up the old build chain for a specific tag. This could be handled by
the build bot with special build commands, so for example you would make a
pull request updating the build-ldns.sh file and tell the bot maybe "build
+ldns" and it can setup the chain in Jenkins, build and test everything.

Anythings possible :)
/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer