[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Move to git

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Tue Feb 4 09:12:45 UTC 2014

> On 4 feb 2014, at 09:45, Yuri Schaeffer <yuri at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
>
> Okay, what would you say is the recommended workflow when I want to
> develop the next feature/fix? Of course this new feature depends on the
> still pending pull of the previous feature.

If the fix is so heavily depended on this new feature it should have
been included into the pull request.

If it is a new feature depended on this feature it might also be
included in the same pull request.

But if the feature in the pull request is a "should we do it like
this" then you need to wait for it to be accepted before starting
development on a new feature that uses that feature.

Pull requests does not have to be small changes, they should rather be
large changes. For example, if you develop a new feature (1) you might
make changes to core functions (2) and make a test (3) for the new
feature. That is not 3 pull requests but rather just one where all of
this is fixed.

If more then one developer is given a new feature that requires both
to make changes to the same branch then this can be resolved by giving
out accesa to your own branch or we can setup a collabiration
repository where these branches can be made that all have access to.

Hope its a bit clearer.

/Jerry