[Opendnssec-develop] RE: High level plan for the next few months...

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Sat Sep 29 14:38:17 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I thought I would just try to summarise the high level planning discussions that came from RIPE in an email:

October:
1.4 - Continue with the testing effort and aim to ship a release candidate asap.
2.0 - Yuri to try to make progress on the larger remaining developments (e.g. logging, backups). Rick to hopefully start work on a backward compatibility review.

November:
Hopefully not much left to do for the 1.4 release. Yuri is away, but work can start on the regression tests on 1.4 and port them to 2.0 (Sara & Matthijs?). Also try to set up some initial performance benchmarking for 1.4 and 2.0. (Jerry?)

December:
Continue with development and (regression) testing of 2.0. But also focus strongly on knowledge sharing (e.g. download Yuri's brain, share out remaining developments, have some online workshops).

January:
Due to vacations the only possibility for face-to-face with the whole team would be the week before Xmas - which doesn't seem like a good idea ;-) So perhaps have a face-to-face in January (possibly in Oxford) focussed on 2.0.

Hope I have captured things correctly - comments and thoughts welcomed.