[Opendnssec-develop] Minutes of today's teleconf

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:23:04 UTC 2012

On 27/06/12 09:53, Rick van Rein wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>> I could see us change the list to:
>>
>> Debian
>> Ubuntu (its based on debian but heavly modified)
> My gut-feeling that Ubuntu is so popular that it would make sense
> to support both active Ubuntu LTS versions is not warranted by
> the survey, so I won't persue that suggestion any further.
>
>> RedHat
>> SLES
>> OpenSUSE (it shares code with SLES but they are not really based on each
>> other, kernel and software versions differ a lot)
>> FreeBSD
>> OpenBSD
>> NetBSD (even if most BSD shares they do have their own libc impl and it can
>> be good to test on them for portability and standard)
>> Solaris
>>
>> That is 9 and we have a few as 32bit also so if we keep that
>> (Ubuntu/RedHat/SLES/FreeBSD) we have 2 left over VMs that we could use to
>> run next major dist version of the most used side by side.
>>
>> What do people think?
> This looks like a solid list.
>

> Cheers,
>   -Rick

+1

Although there is no mention of version numbers.

Assuming that we consider RHEL and CentOS as a single distro I guess we
are talking about running the current and previous versions of that...
So the original desire to run both LTS versions of ubuntu uses up the
remaining VM. Is that correct?

Sion