[Opendnssec-develop] Moving to JIRA "next week"

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Sat Oct 29 13:09:51 UTC 2011

On 2011-10-27 16.06, Jerry Lundström <jerry at opendnssec.org> wrote:

>So I have mostly finished setting up JIRA but ran into a snag with the
>pivotal importer, that just got fixed, so its taken a while.

I have now tested the pivotal importer and there are some stuff that we
need to decide/vote on.

But first some background on how the import process work.

It will import all issues from pivotal into a JIRA project that has a
special PT Workflow Scheme to support the issue states that pivotal has.
We have the majority of issues as Accepted that really isn't a "closed"
status in JIRA so the statistics is a bit of as its showing 600+ open
issues. The iteration that PT has will be mapped as versions in JIRA.
Users will be mapped as "Firstname Lastname" if they don't already exist
but I tend to contact all the users that don't already exists in JIRA that
need to exist for the import so they them self can create the user, choice
user id and such things.

1. History
If we want to keep all the history the best solution is to keep them in a
"OpenDNSSEC Pivotal History" project, not changing the iteration/version
or the statuses.

Do we want the history in JIRA? +1/-1

2. IceBox
The IceBox is a status in PT that are used for all the issues that haven't
been assigned to an iteration. JIRA does not have this, you have the
future issues all unassigned instead. Also the fake releases we have in
the IceBox (Nice to have, More then nice to have etc) is also something
that doesn't exist in JIRA.

Solution A:
There is a labeling system in JIRA that we could use for tagging issues in
different ways but its free texted so there might be a bit of a problem
keeping it constant and we need to create filters to easily find them.

Solution B:
We could use fake versions to group up issues like "Nice to have".

Solution C:
Be a little more strict on how we keep issues and actually assign them
right away to a version so we don't have "Nice to have" laying around for
years (there are some from 2009 in PT today).

+A/+B/+C?

3. Statuses
Here is my suggested status mapping:
PT                 JIRA