[Opendnssec-develop] Not keeping serial after upgrade

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Tue Apr 5 06:51:34 UTC 2011

Hi

I would like to discuss the issue when you upgrade from v1.2 to v1.3.

We now have a new way of backing up the information in the Signer Engine. So when the v1.3 starts, it thinks that we are running from a fresh start because it does not know anything about the v1.2 backup methods. We can e.g. get a lower SOA serial.

I think that we at least should be able to restore the old output serial. Is there something more we would like to restore?

Should we have a migration script? Or should the Signer Engine try to use the .state if the .backup does not exist?