[Opendnssec-develop] Realtime scheduling... off the shelf?

Patrik Wallstrom patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Fri Jan 16 08:50:38 UTC 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Jakob Schlyter wrote:

> On 15 jan 2009, at 21.27, Rick van Rein wrote:
>
>> What do you guys think?
>
> I think we should keep this possible problem in mind and postpone
> this until we actually see the problem. At this point we should
> concentrate the brain cycles of the project to actually get a
> working proof of concept.

I agree.

But just to give you a simple a idea that I have been thinking about
is just to set a priority on each batch job (if we call it that). Then
we can have ordinary resigning that is not at all critical set to the
lowest priority, and emergency signing at the highest. This is not at
all related to real time processing, just batch processing in its
simplest possible way. But in order to do this we must at least be
thinking of having some sort of queue.

The proof of concept should probably not include this at all, but
might at least need a queue. So I think we need to discuss it anyway.

--
Patrik Wallström
Project Manager, R&D
E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se